Unintentional bobwhite mimic?

Twitchers,

Has anyone ever heard chats sound like northern bobwhites?  Was down in
Graham county yesterday and today counting for my thesis.  Heard tons of
chats, and a couple of times, last night and this morning, I heard northern
bobwhites (i thought) and then chats in the same area.

I can definitely see how chats COULD do this, but I'd think that I'd heard
of this before.

Thanks,

Humanity is exalted not because we are so far above other living creatures,
but because knowing them well elevates the very concept of life.    Edward
O. Wilson

Jason Bulluck
Masters Candidate,
Appalachian State University, Biology