All-Night Mocker

How unusual is a mimic thrush who sings all night long? I have a Mockingbird
(I think, although I can't rule out a Thrasher) who sings throughout the
night here between Clayton and Garner. Not nearly as obnoxious as the Chuck
Will's Widow we had in Washington a few years ago.

Two notes from Little Washington this past weekend:

An absolutely irate first year Red-Bellied Woodpecker refused to let me
sleep Sunday morning. It took her a while to get other birds called in, but
eventually a half dozen other species showed up to help her harrass the
Barred Owl who regularly roosts in the yard. They eventually ran the owl
across the creek and let it be.

a bit off topic:

Monday morning was in Pactolus (north of the Tar River) when I spotted a Fox
Squirrel. It was plenty large and very dark, maybe even melanistic. It had
the usual white tips though. Saw him on the ground for long enough to easily
identify, but not long enough to get to the telephoto.

Ric Carter
Garner/Little Washington