Hummingbirds vs. insects

Brad's post reminded me of a long-ago birding trip that included an
immigrant from Romania who just wanted to see the countryside.  When I
pointed out a hummingbird, he thought I was making fun of him.  "That is
an insect!", he protested.  Maybe the Cardinal agreed.
    Back to more recent birding, John Fussell assures me that
Black-and-White Warblers don't breed at Fort Macon.  My previous post
should be grouped with the one that proclaimed that the post-breeding
movement has begun.

John Daughtry
Greenville, NC
cbirds@coastalnet.com