Shorebird migration

With all the rain we've had recently, I thought I might mention one
(sometimes) useful tool for planning your trips to look for shorebirds.  The
USACE posts the current lake levels for the Wilmington District (much of E.
NC, it seems) at this URL:

http://epec.saw.usace.army.mil/dailyrep.txt

I'm not sure of the exact URLs, but there should be ones for the other areas
of the Carolinas as well.

To those in the Jordan Lake area, I believe good shorebirding habitat
usually starts to appear between 213 and 214 feet, we are currently at 216+
feet. :-(  But maybe there will be some flooded meadows nearby...

-Sandy

--
Sandy Cash
Durham, NC