Re: Cardinal vs Hummingbird --- and the hummingbird wins

Reminds me of mobbing of predators by prey species.  Question then becomes, are
the cardinals "looked upon" by the hummers as predators and "mobbed" in the same
way for the same reasons?  I dunno but it seems that the wonders of evolution
could be leading this way for cardinal subgroups.  It happened before when the
Laniid lineage was established from what was apparently a non-predatory oscine
groups.  There's no reason why it is not happening again in cardinals and other
oscine groups that are reaching out to new modes of behavior to enhance their
survival chances.

Jim Sutton