Jordan Lake and NCSU farms

A Surf Scoter, White-winger Scoter and Greater Scaup were seen from the
Ebenezer Church Rec Area at Jordan Lake today.

Also, I went to NCSU farms south of Raleigh on Friday. The farm had been
closed earlier in the year. Yesterday they were open, however, there was a
sign saying 'Biohazard Area'  and requested that vistors register at the
office. There was no one in the office. I went ahead and birded the area
anyway. Does anyone know if birders are welcome at the NCSU farms or are they
off limits to the public?

G. Gordon Brown
Cary