Evening Grosbeaks, Orange Co NC

After an initial flurry of reports in October, it seems like Evening
Grosbeak sightings have fallen off.  I know that none were seen on the
Chapel Hill CBC, from whose circle I am just 0.3 miles distant, and in
fact only 4 North Carolina CBC's reported any at all.  So I was pleased
this morning when 3 Evening Grosbeaks stopped by my platform feeder for
a couple of minutes.

Today is also the first day that I have seen two male Cardinals (oops,
make that 3!) in the yard at the same time, which surprises me because
the resident male has been aggressively attacking the phantom Cardinal
in the windows all winter.  The non-phantoms seem to be ignoring each
other.

--
Kent Fiala
near Chapel Hill, NC