Green-tailed Towhee Sunday

Thanks to an early morning ride from Kent Fiala I was able to see the
towhee at sunrise Sunday.  The bird was rather cooperative, coming into
full view several times while pecking through the offerings at the seed
pile.  I was able to obtain a few fuzzy, but recognizable photos of the
bird in the unusual case that no others are available for the records
committee.  Jeff Lewis and I replenished the seed pile with about 1/2 lb.
of sunflower and millet.

On the way back to the Triangle we made a brief stop at Greenfield Park to
see the Eurasian Wigeon.  The bird was on the south and east side of the
lake in a small cove with about 10 American Wigeon.

Thanks to those who started the seed pile in Southport, it was instrumental
in seeing the towhee well.

Best,
Steve Shultz
Apex, NC