CBC meeting photos

Carolinabirders,

I just updated my web site with a few photos I took at the CBC meeting
last weekend: http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/pix/birds.html

New are the Mattamuskeet Black-headed Gull, a Red-tailed Hawk with no
trace of a belly band, Merlin, Belted Kingfisher, and Ipswich Sparrow.

The Ipswiches were particularly fun.  They were hiding among the rocks at
the base of the jetty at the south side of Oregon Inlet, but, after I
stayed still for a minute, the flock of four started feeding all around
me at near minimum focus distance!  Best looks I've ever gotten of
Ipswich. (Same goes for Black-headed Gull, since it was a lifer!)

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu