more Snowy

Norm B. wrote:

>Mike Shultz and I spent about an hour this morning (8:15 to 9:15) looking
>for the Snowy Owl, but with no luck.

  I too looked for owl from 10:30-noon, without luck in
Summerfield/Foxcroft/Booker Crk area, both by vehicle and on foot.
Especially
checked out several culverts and bushes/hedgerows that I thought might
make good daytime hiding places for a hurt owl. Did not check out the many
pine canopies as closely thinking Snowy would be more near to ground(also
not wanting to walk into peoples' backyards!), but if someone thinks
otherwise let me know. Obviously, still many crooks
and crannies where one could hide. I plan to look again
Wed. morning and maybe even tonight after work....and thank you
Dr. Partrick and Shelley for the further elaborations.

Rob Gluck
Chapel Hill
thrush@hotmail.com