field descriptions workshop/presentation

I think I speak for Gary Sowell and I, co-coordinators of the Fall 2002 CBC
meeting, when I say we would be happy to entertain the idea of a field
description/bird topography workshop or presentation at the Fall 2002 CBC
meeting at Litchfield.  I've known too many good birders insecure with
using a perfectly good "technical" term in describing birds and relying
instead on an imprecise human analogy.  It can be tricky as there are
differences in the topographies of the various groupings of birds.

Let me know privately if this idea is intriguing to you and if it would be
worthwhile for Gary and I to pursue this idea for a workshop/presentation
for the Fall 2002 CBC meeting.

Donna Slyce Bailey
Winnsboro, SC

e-mail: dsbailey@conterra.com

	Where are the Birds?  Migration across South Carolina