Re: RFI Fort Fisher -- buy the book

Regarding birding sites near the coast:

Everyone who wants to bird new areas near the NC coast needs to buy a
copy of the excellent "A Birder's Guide to Coastal North Carolina" by
John Fussell (1994). Though it is now 8 years old, it still is the
definitive work, and most directions are still good.

You can find the book, published by UNC Press, at practically all book
stores in NC, most visitor centers near the coast, etc.

Thus, before the weekend, a visit to a local Triangle book store is in
order.

Harry LeGrand