RFI Fort Fisher

I will be in Wilmington this weekend for the first time ever.  Saturday
I have to spend attending a continuing legal education seminar, but
Sunday I will be able to bird.  After I try and spot the GT towhee, I
was planning to head to Fort Fisher, which I have heard mentioned many
times in this group.  I don't know anything about the area, so any tips
on where to go there, what to see, how to get there (I know there is a
ferry from Southport, but directions on how to get there from the towhee
site would be most welcome.  I believe I still have the original
directions to the towhee site.)  Thanks in advance!

Amalie Tuffin
Durham, NC