From: Will Cook <cwcook@duke.edu>
To: carolinabirds@duke.edu <carolinabirds@duke.edu>
Date: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 10:45 AM
Subject: Photo of the Chapel Hill owl

Jerry Partrick kindly lent me a photo of the famous owl to post on the web:

http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/pix/chowl.jpg

The pic is a little fuzzy, but the bird is clearly identifiable, in my
opinion. What do you all think it is?

Additional info: Jerry says the owl came up to about his knee when it was
perched on the ground - this would make it approx 20-22 inches tall.

Thanks to Jerry for reporting his sighting and getting us all excited about
the possibility of a Snowy Owl in Chapel Hill!

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu