Re:SnowyPhoto/Jerry Jackson

Will Cook wrote:
>Jerry Partrick kindly lent me a photo of the famous owl to post on the web:
>http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/pix/chowl.jpg
>The pic is a little fuzzy, but the bird is clearly identifiable, in my
>opinion. What do you all think it is?

  yeah, 'nother vote for (male!)Barred Owl from shape and markings.
I presume Jerry feels confident this 2nd-sighting bird is indeed the same
bird he spotted the first night - that would be the only loose
end to tie up. Fun while it lasted!!

  I see Jerry Jackson is speaking at May CBC meeting -- do any of
the organizers of that happen to know if he will be bringing copies
of his Ivorybill opus for sale(assuming it's out by then) to the meeting?
And do you know if he has any other speaking engagements
while in the state??? thanks for any info....

Rob Gluck
Chapel Hill
thrush@hotmail.com