junco attacking bluebirds

I would appreciate any comments about the behavior I
observed today:
I have two male bluebirds and one female staking out
our yard.  Today as the two males sat on opposite ends
of our swingset, eyeing each other, a slate-colored
junco hopped his way up one of the legs of the
swingset, scooted over toward one of the males, then
suddenly leapt at him and chased him away.  The junco
then returned, snuck back up the leg of the swingset,
scooted toward the other male bluebird, and chased him
away in the other direction.
Why does this junco feel the need to intimidate the
bluebirds? He didn't pay any attention to the sparrows
and goldfinches with whom he had spent the afternoon
eating, and the bluebirds weren't even near the
feeders.
I look forward to reading your comments, and any
suggestions anyone might have to help make sure the
junco doesn't interfere with the bluebirds' nesting.

...........kim bruff