Re: Carolina Wrens bunking together

GINGER . . .

Communal winter roosting in bluebird boxes has been documented in
other species. I was startled one January evening to open a nestbox
and get a face full of a dozen or so Brown-headed Nuthatches!

These reports are all the more reason why we should clean our
nestboxes after the breeding season is over but NOT take them down
for the winter.

Happy Nature Watching,

BILL

---------

--

BILL HILTON JR., "The Piedmont Naturalist"
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

Please visit our web sites at http://www.hiltonpond.org and
http://www.rubythroat.org

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.