Some yard bird!

I was out in our back yard about 9AM today, when a large bird flew over the
house and crash landed in a sweet gum, shielded by several cedars. My first
impression was Turkey?, ans when I peered around a cypress, there was a young
Tom perched near the top of the sweet gum, looking around. The bird flew off
about 5 minutes later. This is a rather small (maybe 100 feet square) back
yard, in a fully built up subdivision, though a stream side woods is behind
the houses across the street, which extends for about 1/2 a mile to open farm
land.
As Jack peachey says "sometimes you have to look up"!
Pete Worthington, Simpsonville, SC

.