Snowy Owl in Kentucky

Hi C-Birders,

Caroline and I just returned from a week long vacation and business trip to
Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky (business for her, birding for me). The
highlight of this trip was watching a Snowy Owl from the comfort of our car,
just 100 yards away, in a snow storm in Kentucky. The owl is less than an
hour's drive north of Lexington, fairly close to I-75. This would be an easy
trip for birders living in western NC or the SC upstate -- perhaps 300 miles
from Asheville. A super bird. I am sure you can get details from local Rare
Bird Alerts or on the web. We saw the owl yesterday morning. It is between
Falmouth and Cynthiana, along Old Highway 3-L Loop No. 2, which is just east
of US 27, about 5 miles or less south of Falmouth (DeLorme Atlas p.27, E-7).

Robin Carter
Columbia, SC
rcarter@sc.rr.com