ovenbird in G'town Cty, SC

Hi ya'll,
    Early this a.m. a flurry of bird activity around my workplace in
Georgetown Cty., including an Ovenbird that exploded into song about 10 ft.
from where I was standing. Woohoo!
    Numerous gnatcatchers, parulas, yellow-throated warblers and white-eyed
vireos.
    And of course, a Ruby-throated Hummingbird or two. ;-)
    Got home in time to see whunadoze handsome little Ruby-throated demons
get a few sips before his bedtime.
    Also a nice flock of Cedar waxwings hanging out in the neighborhood the
past few days (much to the chagrin of the resident mockingbird guarding the
last holly with berries on it) and a Great Horned Owl singing me to sleep
the past two nights.

Cheers,

gary

Gary Phillips
Conway, SC
Sunset Zone 31
walela@sccoast.net
"...where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment
of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with
reverence..." (J. J. Audubon)