Peregrine at Sassafrass Mtn. (SC)

On Wednesday moring, while checking out the new arrivals (N. Parula and
Hooded Warbler have now joined the Black-throated Greens, Black-and-whites,
LA Waterthrushes, Blue-headed Vireos, etc.) at Sassafrass Mountain in
Pickens Co., SC, I had a flyover by an unmistakable Peregrine Falcon.

Does anyone know whether they are breeding on any of the rock ledges in
upstate SC?

By the way, I had lots of Hermit Thrushes on the trails.  Ruby-crowned
Kinglets were also numerous; many were singing and all were very active.
Migration is definitely well underway.

Jim Edwards
jim.edwards@furman.edu