nest replacement ethics

This morning I noticed the nest an Eastern Phoebe had
built near our front door had fallen. There was no
evidence of any foul play from another animal. My
theory is that she flew into the nest to fast or it
got unbalanced and simply fell.

I replaced the nest. My question is should I have done
that? Am I risking a more fatal fall if the Phoebe
reclaims the nest and it falls with eggs in it? Should
I just let her figure it out? Perhaps she would
rebuild, with a more secure design, in the same
location?

The nest is about a half-inch wider than the beam on
which it sits. It is tucked in a corner on the north
side of the house, out of any wind/rain. We do not use
this entrance.

Thanks!
Jerry Stensland
Rutherford Co., NC