Scarlet tanager & wood thrush!

Happily I heard the wood thrush sing last evening as I
drove through the driveway and again very bright and
loud this morning as well. Then as I was putting seed
in the feeders, I heard the "Chick Burr" of the
Scarlet tanager and then its song! Hope they do okay
this year.
The widening of the 15-501 is so close to our woods.
Did see a cowbird fly off through the woods just now.
It still amazes me that they come back every year. Now
around me I have the hooded warbler, La. waterthrush,
Wood thrush, white-throated sparrow, towhee(first year
for them!) white-breasted nuthatch, blue jays all
making noise out there.
Kate

=====
Kate Finlayson