Chucks and Whips

Chuck-wills-widow and Whippoorwhill were calling last evening at dusk from
their regular spot at the end of West Lake Road in southern Wake County.
The area has historically been very good for Chucks with several birds
calling in chorus on late April and early May evenings.  The location is
1/4 mile past the West Lake Schools, or about a half mile south of the West
Lake ponds where the canvasback usually hang out.

On a personal note I was very excited to see my 500th ABA species last
Thursday!  Tracy and I found a Northern Pygmy Owl in Madera Canyon, AZ.
Thanks to all those on c-birds who have helped me get this far!

Best,
Steve Shultz
Apex, NC