nuthatches & bluebirds in the same nest

Carolinabirders,

Today I learned second-hand of a nest box in Pinehurst, NC where a nuthatch
(sp?) and a bluebird have both apparently laid eggs and are now
simultaneously raising young - both species carrying food to the
fledglings.  There's some conflict ongoing, resulting in a dead nuthatch.

I understand the landowners would be pleased to have birders try to explain
this situation to them.  So, would any of you nearby behaviorialists be
interested in verifying this nest?

If so, I can tell you how to get directions to the site if you will e-mail
me. This will lead to a telephone call and the actual directions.

I'd love to know the story,

St.

Stephen Thomas
stype@sccoast.net