recent bird sightings

On a business trip south to Florence and Augusta  here are some of the
birds I saw and heard.

4/16  along  US 21S. near Ridgeway SC while stopped for road resurfacing
I heard
a Kentucky Warbler

4/16 At Williamson Park in Darlington, SC
Summer Tanager  heard and saw
N. Parula  3  heard
Wood Ducks 4  saw/heard
Pileated Woodpecker  heard
Common Nighthawk  heard

4/17 On a dirt road leading to an Aiken County  boat landing along the
Savannah River near Jackson SC, after dusk to see the 5 planets line
up(unfortuately too many clouds)
Chuck-Will's-Widow   very close to the road  heard only
Whip-poor-will   heard in distance

4/18 Along commercial forest service road with young pines and mixed
hardwood  off US 21N near Ridgeway again.
At least a  a half dozen Prairie Warblers.  I got a good look at one
1 Hooded Warbler   heard
1 Great Crested Flycatcher in older stand   heard
3 Field Sparrows  heard
1 Willow Flycatcher  in the older stand  heard
1 sparrow type bird?? with tinkling like sound at the end of it's song

Further along  US21N  on a bridge over a small stream.
10+ Barn Swallows  saw and heard
2 Yellow Warblers   heard
2 Hooded Warblers  saw and heard

Near a service station  in Blythewood   Wood Thrush    heard

Another Willow Flycatcher along Road 41 to I77   heard

I'm not ready for the heat of summer yet and neither is my garden but it
feels like its here. The canker worms have hit my neighborhood heard.
The robins,thrushs and mockingbirds have had a feast.  The idiots on the
radio garden shows as always
advocate spraying.

Jules Fraytet
Charlotte, NC