killdeer/plover

Thanks to all who so kindly replied to my question
about the killdeer or plover I might have seen.
My field guide did not even mention that a juvenile
male killdeer did not have two rings, so - thank you,
I have learned something today.
I just wondered with our location being both north (90
miles) and west (120 miles) of the atlantic coast, if
it could be a northbound migrant plover.

I will go back and if I can find it again in the same
spot, I will try to get a decent picture to post.

.....kim

=====
.....kim bruff
Perched on the Wake/Johnston County line in NC
kimbruff@yahoo.com