Happy Valley and High Country Birds

After church I went up to the Wagner property in Happy Valley, NC (north of
Lenoir) and had some pretty good finds.  Warblers included Black-throated
Green, Hooded, Black-and-white, Worm-eating, N.Parula, Yellow, and Common
Yellowthroat.  Also had 2 Greater Yellowlegs and a Solitary Sandpiper.  The
best bird by far was an adult Yellow-crowned Night-Heron.  This is the first
one I have ever seen away from the coast.  I got a pretty good photo of it,
you can see it here:
http://www.geocities.com/ncxbill/YCNHeron1.JPG
   I then headed up to the Valle Crusis park.  There I had Yellow Warbler,
E. Kingbird, Orchard Oriole and a Warbling Vireo gathering nesting material.
>From the I went up the parkway to the Lewis Fork Overlook and had
Black-throated Green, Black-and-white, Ovenbird and 2 Cerulean Warblers.  I
never got a look at the Ceruleans, but the were singing alot.

Dwayne
Dwayne Martin
Foothills Bird Club
Claremont, NC