Bluebirds on the move

"My" bluebird couple has just today moved from their
old nesting box (which has been up for 3 years and has
been occupied by bluebirds for 3 years) to a new box
we put up in late February.  We inspected the old box
tonight and there is a nest in it, but no eggs.  There
are blue and white feathers scattered beneath the
nesting box, but both birds are still alive. There are
no signs of egg shells anywhere.  Any ideas why
they've moved? I would have thought they would have
been sitting on a nest full of eggs by now.  Do you
think the female is infertile, or is it likely they
were visited by a snake or raccoon?

On a more humourous note, I had some very strange
"birds" under my feeders this morning.  I always
scatter some very inexpensive mixed seed which has a
high concentration of cracked corn as well as some
sunflower, milo, and millet.  It keeps the mourning
doves and the sparrows happy.  I looked out this
morning to see two mourning dove-colored things, huge,
with BIG ears and white cottontails munching away.  Am
I the last one to find out that rabbits eat corn??

Thanks for any bluebird replies.
....kim bruff

=====
.....kim bruff
Perched on the Wake/Johnston County line in NC
kimbruff@yahoo.com