Wild turkey carcass on I-40

Greetings,

I'm sorry to say I saw a dead wild turkey in the median of I-40 (on the
left) going westbound just past the New Hope Church Road exit before
Hillsborough.  This was around 4:30 pm today (Tues.). The carcass looked
massive and humped rather than slim, with the characteristic "striped" (for
lack of a better word -- dk. brown and white) primaries, and looked just
like...well, like a turkey!  I couldn't stop safely, so kept going. But it
disturbed me so much and made me think so hard about what I should do, that
I missed my exit to Hillsborough.  :-(
I'm assuming that it was wild, anyway. I suppose it could have been an
escapee from a farmyard or a zoo!

Paula,
Southern Durham, NC