southwestern Horry Cty., 4-28

Hi y'all,
    Ritch Lilly joined me for a recon trip to Punchbowl Landing on the
Little Pee Dee River this morning in anticipation of Waccamaw Audubon's
field trip there next Sat., May 4. Highlights were:

Red-tailed Hawk
Red-shouldered Hawk
Y-b Cuckoo - heard
Barred Owl - watching us watching it
Acadian Flycatcher
Wood Thrush - several heard
Ruby-throated Hummingbird - "buzzed" by a fem. while walking down the road,
another chattering in a thicket.
W-e Vireo
R-e Vireo
Parula
Yellow-rumped
Yellow-throated
Magnolia - heard
Pine
Black-and-white
Prothonotary
Worm-eating - nice looks
Swainson's
Common Yellowthroat
Hooded
Y-b Chat
Summer Tanager - including a very tropical-looking SY male
Blue Grosbeak
Indigo Bunting

Gary Phillips
Conway, SC
Sunset Zone 31
walela@sccoast.net
"...where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment
of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with
reverence..." (J. J. Audubon)