Rose-breasted Grosbeak and swallows

In support of Gary Phillip's reported numbers of swallows in the marsh near
the public pier in Georgetown, SC, I think he understated.!!  Wendy Allen
told Barb and me to go see the spectacle a couple of years ago, and you have
to see it to believe. If you are ever in the area at this time of year, give
it a try!!
      this AM we have had two male Rose-breasted Grosbeak on the seed feeder
just outside the office window at our home in Greenville,SC, and they are
beautiful!!! We also have a Wood Thrush, and the pair of House Wren continue
in the back yard.
Finally, the Mallard hen was still sitting on her eight egg clutch in a
large flower pot on our floating dock at the beach when we left for Duke on
Monday.   See you at the CBC. Bob and Barb Maxwell, Greenville,SC