Reminder - Calliope Hummingbird Guest Book

Reminder! Have you contributed to the
Calliope Hummingbird guest book?

As many of you know,  the Calliope Hummingbird that was
visiting Winston-Salem this winter has departed his hosts,
Charles and Ann Williams.  The Williamses  worked very hard
all winter (from December 16th thru April 16th) to be sure he
had fresh unfrozen nectar every day from dawn til dusk.  The
gracious hosts also welcomed visitors from all around who came
to get a look at this rare winter hummer in NC.  Although "Little
C"
required tons of TLC, the Williamses' only regret was that they
did
not have a guest book for the human visitors to sign.

ASFC would like to help remedy this situation by creating a
"virtual" guest book.  We've set up a special email address to
collect email messages for Charlie and Ann Williams. We plan to
compile these messages into a printed guest book for them and
give it to them in thanks for their warm hospitality and devotion
to our western visitor from all those who came to see him.

For those of you had an opportunity to see the Calliope
Hummingbird in Winston-Salem and have not had a chance to sign
the virtual guest book, please take a few moments now to send
your thoughts, thanks and impressions to:
        calliope@forsythaudubon.org
Be sure to include you home location in your message!  Much of
the
fun will be to see the many places from which folks came to
visit!

And please encourage anyone you know who has had the opportunity
to see the Calliope Hummingbird this winter to contribute as
well.

We will collect comments until May 10th.

Thanks,

Liz Schmid
Kernersville, NC
schmid_liz@hotmail.com