herons, warblers, et al.

  After CBC weekend I felt a need to take off from work
today and look at birds ;-)
  Bolin Creek off of Pinehurst Dr. just gets more and more birdier!
Heron nest now has 3 younguns rapidly leaving babyhood and
approaching juvenile delinquency. Barn, Cliff and Rough-w. swallows
in the area. 1 osprey today along with a RT Hawk and a family of
Red-shouldereds. 2 N. Waterthrush; Prothonotaries, Redstarts,
Parulas, and a single Blk-thr. Blue closeup today; Acadian flycatchers
and Wood ducks. Last week the area additionally had RB Grosbeaks, Tanagers,
Orioles, E. Kingbird, Cooper's Hawk, and a Solitary Sandpiper, but didn't
see any of them today. And this is all in less than a 1/4 mi. stretch!
  A separate walk down the sewer line off Hwy 54 across from Hew Hope
Impdmt. yielded a Kentucky Warbler that pished up for me and several
Hoodeds and Wood Thrushes.

  BTW, J.Jackson who spoke at CBC has article in current edition
of Birder's World for those who missed him, entitled "The Truth
Is Out There", about.... you-know-what.

**Rob Gluck.......Chapel Hill...... thrush@hotmail.com