nesting (?) Chuck-will's-widow in mountains

My wife and I live just south of Mars Hill, NC in Madison County where we
have observed what appears to be a small breeding population of
Chuck-will's-widow.
The birds begin calling in late April or May and continue into the summer
months.  We have heard birds for three consecutive years and they are back
again this year.  I am curious if any one else has evidence of breeding
populations in the mountains since Potter et al. describe this species as a
transient that does not nest in the mountains.

In case you are wondering, these are clearly not whip-poor-will's.

Dr. James W. Petranka
Department of Biology
CPO #2440
University of North Carolina/Asheville