The Rob Gluck heron nest

I had a chance to get out to see the heron nest that Rob Gluck mentioned
a week or so ago. I have placed a very large image (220Kb) on my Web
site at:

http://www.reallyusefulpage.com/heron/a-heron0125.jpg

The heron is magnificent. The light was not particularly good and the
heron had just fed the young ones and brought in the new branch with
green leaves you can see in the photo when I got my camera set up. Then
the heron just sat and did nothing. I will try to get better photos on
another day when the light is on the right side of the next.

It is wonderful to have a bird like this five minutes right in the
middle of Chapel Hill. I would bet that it is the one that is often seen
fishing in the two nearby golf courses.

Gregory Georges
Really Useful Content, Inc.
Chapel Hill, NC.