Singing Cerulean Warbler-- Alexander County

I drove up to Barrett Mountain (southern Alexander County) this morning to
do a little birding before church.  I was listening to alot of Worm-eating
and Hooded Warblers when a different song caught my attention.  It was a
Cerulean!  I'm not sure if the bird is on territory or just passing through.
The habitat here is very similar to that of Chimney Rock Park, so I don't
guess it would that much of a stretch for it to be on territory.  I will
continue to monitor the area to see if it stays.

Dwayne
Dwayne Martin
Foothills Bird Club
Claremont, NC