Spring Counts

I've fielded a few e-mails on this, so let me see if I can explain.

 Yes, I compile a spring count, the North American Migration Count.  I
didn't speak up about being the compiler for the Spring Count because North
Carolina and some of the local bird clubs in NC do local  "Spring Counts"
at the height of migration (the last of April, first of May) that are
different from the North American Migration Count, which is a nationwide
effort held on International Migratory Bird Day, the second Saturday of
May.  And I only do South Carolina.  I have sent out a few replies to
queries from folks in North Carolina about the NC NAMC coordinator (Philip
Crutchfield, 5559 Hedrick Dr, Fayetteville, NC 28303 - I only have a
mailing address).  I assumed the question was about who compiled the local
bird clubs' Spring Counts and not about who compiled the NAMC data.

Lots of counts and occasionally some confusion.

More on the results of the SC NAMC in a separate post.

Donna Slyce Bailey
Winnsboro, SC

e-mail: dsbailey@conterra.com

	Where are the Birds?  Migration across South Carolina