Max Patch Query

Dear Carolinabirders:
I too am confused about this Max Patch that keeps being mentioned on this
discussion group and I too am headed to the mountains tomorrow morning on
an impromptu visit ( I seem to be making a career of them this spring). So
can someone on this group send in a short description of where this Max
Patch is and where in Max Patch to go for the best birding. ANd yes, I do
have Marcus SImpson's book but its index does not list any Max Patch. I am
still looking for my NC Golden WIngs and if there are any to be found at
Max Patch I would love to find them. If someone could respond by noon
tomorrow I would be very grateful since that is when I leave.
thanks
in advance
Shantanu Phukan

SHANTANU PHUKAN
Lecturer in Urdu-Hindi & Indian Literature
University of N. Carolina, Chapel Hill
Curriculum in Asian Studies
Alumni Hall 413C
Chapel Hill, N.C. 27599