Hilton Pond 05/15/02 (Waterthrushes)

HI . . .

The current installment of "This Week at Hilton Pond" is devoted to a
comparative look at Northern Waterthrushes and Louisiana
Waterthrushes, two "ground-dwelling" warblers that are sometimes hard
to identify in the field.

To view the photo essay about these two tail-bobbing birds, visit the
week of 15-21 May 2002 by clicking on
http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek020515.html .

There's also the usual list of banded and recaptured birds, plus a
mug shots of a Wood Thrush. (Yes, indeedy, it's all birds again this
week!)

Please forward this message to folks you know who share our interest
in nature.  :-)

Happy Spring, and Happy Nature Watching!

BILL
--

BILL HILTON JR., "The Piedmont Naturalist"
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net) at
http://www.hiltonpond.org and
http://www.rubythroat.org

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.