Black-throated Green Warbler

I thought I would add to the warbler migration news.  About 1:00 in the
afternoon, May 21, I was working in my garden when a small flock of warblers
passed through,  I had to run in to get my binoculars and was able to ID two
of them as Black-throated Green Warblers.  They stayed for another five
minutes before heading off to the north-west.  Since they are listed as
occasional to rare this time of year (on the Chapel Hill Bird Club
Checklist), I found it note worthy.

On a side note I had my first yard raptor (for Durham).  A Sharp-shinned
Hawk flew through this morning, quieting all the birds near my feeders.

Charles Boyce
Durham, NC
charles_boyce@cubistdude.com