Mourning Warbler

Vince Stanton and I were up at Roan Mtn.  We did not see the Mourning
warbler.  But more importantly the Grassy Ridge Trail is North of Carvers
Gap, not south.  It's in a small gap after the third grassy knob.  Great
habitat for it.  Probably just bad luck on our part.  Lots of Alder
Flycatchers(#300 Life) , Chestnut Sided Warblers, and one Least Fly Catcher.
Going North on the trail up Roan Mtn we saw a Junco's, Carolina Wren, Winter
Wren, Golden Crown Kinglet, Veery, Brown Creeper, Canada Warbler, and Hermit
Thrush!  We were quite surprised at the Hermit Thrush but got a very close
look at a pair of them.

Stu Gibeau
Black Mountain, NC