HBSP on June 26

Hi Carolinabirders,
This morning I visited Huntington Beach S. P. Murrells Inlet, Georgetown
County, SC escorting some visiting out of town birders.  The usual
suspects were in attendance and because of the heat and wind and
occasional brief shower all a few birds were singing.  We did find a
nice singing Painted Bunting but the best find was the basic plumaged
Marbled Godwit at the jetty pond.  I've never seen a Marbled Godwit in
June before. They usually don't show up until mid July and are in
breeding plumage. I have to believe his hormonal level was so low he
(it) decided to forgo the trip to the far North since breeding was
probably not in his cards. Terns were there with these observed:
Gull-billed Tern-2 over Mullet Pond
Royal Tern-4
Sandwich Tern-5
Forster's Tern-1
Least Tern-50+

It is good to be back. But Paul Rogers and I sure enjoyed our birding in
Florida. I had a hit list of 19 Florida birds and found all but three
but we did find one that was totally unexpected a KEY WEST QUAIL-DOVE at
Long Key S.P. If you would like to see a poor, but recognizable jpg
photo send me a request and I'll send you a photo of the bird.

Jack Peachey
Conway, SC