Red-shouldered Hawk roost behavior?

For the entire day, for an entire week, I've had a Red-shouldered Hawk
calling constantly in and around my yard. It never seems to stop calling
during the daylight hours, it calls 'kee-yur's in groups of four every ten
seconds or so, for the entire day. I've had a couple of looks at it, and
it's a juvenile, don't know what year or anything. It just seems to perch,
call some, fly off somewhere else, call some more, fly somewhere else, etc.

Is this unusual behavior? Has it just started roosting in the area or
something? If so, why doesn't it range farther abroad at daytime? Is the
hunting that good?! Or is it injured? I normally don't see them very often
in my yard, sometimes an adult will swing by once a year or so, I've never
had a juvenile in the yard, much less one that's stayed for a week,
constantly calling. I think it's scaring all the other birds out of the yard

Roger
Raleigh, NC