Fire Island, NY and camping trip birds in NC mountains

Hi Folks,

Returned from the wedding trip on Long Island. Not a lot of birds to
report, plus being out of state, I won't labor the issue. However,
two fly-over ospreys, one riding on the back of a fish, made the
wedding reception interesting. I also discovered that Fire Island
(the Sunken Forest to be exact) seemed to have the highest catbird
concentrations in the US: 3 out of every 5 birds I saw or heard was a
catbird, and I was practically tripping over them! Also seen were E
kingbirds, great egret, arctic terns, mute swan (grrr) and much more.

Then spent 3 days in the NC mountains in the Pisgah NF (south of
Asheville section). Highlights were a delightful male chestnut-sided
warbler at Graveyard Fields Trail, a magnolia warbler on Black Balsam
Mountain, a broad-winged hawk, many veeries (only heard them) and a
whip-poor-will that woke up the the entire campsite every night
(heard only). The list also included N.parulas, b&w warblers, a
raven, a phoebe nesting in the eaves of the campground toilet block,
and maybe a merlin on I-40 about 30 miles east of Asheville on the
way home.

Cheers

Steve