Storks

Dear C'Birders:

I am reminded because of an inquiry that I am remiss in not informing the
group that the storks are back.  How many and where I don't know - probably
the usual places.  I see them flying over our lake, Lake Medcalf, from my
prone position on the couch.  Actually  we have been seeing a small group of
3 for months now  flying purposefully toward the ocean (marshes) and we
assume they are the ones that breed just over the line in SC on the Waccamaw
River.  But when I see them just playing around in the sky I figure the
Florida bunch are back.  I would assume the number is still small;  however
the numbers continue to build over the summer.

Good Birding,
Mary McDavit
Sunset Lakes, Sunset Beach, NC
osprey1@atmc.net