coast birding

Hello,
This past week my family and I went down over to the Corolla/Currituck beach.
 There was a trail that went along the sound and I walked along it many
mornings and evenings.  One evening while walking along the sound I spotted
two deer (one doe, one buck) and as I followed them quietly into the trees, a
Chuck-will's Widow flew only 6 feet in front of me.  The family that walked
past me must have scared it from its root.  I got a great look at it, and it
was a life bird too!!!  Later in the week my dad drove me, b/c it is still
one 8 months until I get my license, down to Pea Island to see what all was
going on down there.  There was a bird walk that was being led that had
started only a couple of minutes before so we caught up to them and walked on
the short trail.  Highlights for me had to have been: yellowlegs (greater and
lesser) they stood side by side so we could see the difference, black
skimmers, marsh wren, and seaside sparrow.  I also went out deep sea fishing
and saw Wilson's Storm-petrel and Cory's shearwater (both life birds for me).
 We went looking, briefly, for the white-faced ibis but we only saw the
glossy ibis, which was another lifer!!! Yeah!!!  In all I got 14 life birds,
and these were the birds I saw, both up at Corolla/Currituck, down at Pea
Island NWR and out deep sea fishing:
Blackbird, Red-winged
Cardinal, Northern
Catbird, Gray