Interesting birds

Flushed an American Woodcock in Florida Bay of the Frances Marion National
Forest on 7/15/2002.  This bay is located on the Charleston County side of
Halfway Creek road near Honey Hill, SC.  I believe a few Woodcocks are
permanent residents in the SC lowcountry.

Bachman's Sparrows were singing and in many areas of the Francis Marion
Forest on 7/15/2002.  The five members of our party saw several including
one that came within 20 feet of us.  This bird was in open pines beside
Florida Bay.

We also saw 7 Swallow-tailed Kites from the boat landing at US 17 and the
North Santee River on the Santee Delta which is a few miles north of
McClellanville, SC.