RE: Worm-eating Warbler

I am a little behind the times on this discussion (been out of town for a week)
but I thought I might add this.

For two consecutive years, I found Worm-eating Warbler between Lake Murray and
Little Mountain in southern Newberry county while working one of my Breeding
Bird Survey routes.  The first year I was so surprised I went back several days
after I had completed to route to verify the identity of the singer.  It was
indeed Worm-eating Warbler.  I also had an apparently breeding bird (he was
present and singing from late April into early June) along the birdy backroads
on the Richland/Fairfield county line (just barely Piedmont!) one year.

They apparently have little or no fidelity to previous nesting sites as the
birds on the BBS were detected at different stops each year and no Worm-eating
Warbler has been present at the "county line" spot in the past two years.  All
of the spots where I've found apparently breeding Worm-eatings were on heavily
forested hillsides, not even necessarily mature forest but a dense canopy and
always a hill.

Donna Slyce Bailey
Winnsboro, SC