Hilton Pond 07/08/02 (June Bugs)

Hummingbird feeders are attractive to many things, but we didn't know
that June Bugs would try to steal our sugar water at Hilton Pond
Center for Piedmont Natural History.

For a photo essay on the attack of the June Bugs, visit "This Week at
Hilton Pond" for the week of 8-14 July 2002 at
http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek020708.html .

We also had our best week of the summer for banding birds--and for
returning Ruby-throated Hummingbirds. As always, a summary of banded
and recaptured birds is included in the weekly report.

Please forward this message to folks who share our interest in the
natural world.

Happy Nature Watching!

BILL
--

BILL HILTON JR., Executive Director
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

The mission of Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History is "to
conserve plants, animals, and other natural components of the
Piedmont Region of the eastern United States through observation,
scientific study, and education for students of all ages." Please
visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net) at
http://www.hiltonpond.org and
http://www.rubythroat.org .

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.